Fighting for Focus: Productivity for Writers (Jan. 2021 Start)
Tackling the distraction problem one step at a time so that you can reclaim your creative time, feel more centered, and get your books written.Enroll in Course
Ever feel like you’ve worked all day but didn’t get anything worthwhile done? Are you constantly busy but fewer words make it onto the page? Feel exhausted and scattered by the end of the day? You’re not alone. This is the age of distraction. But as writers, many of those distractions (social media, chatting with readers, book research) are part of the job, so moving to an off-the-grid cabin probably isn’t an option.
However, with so many things competing for our attention and time, when are we supposed to do that thing we do—write? This course will show you how you can take back your focus, retrain your distracted brain, and reclaim your writing time, while still balancing the other things that need to get done.
What We’ll Cover:
- How to retrain your brain to focus
- How to tackle the distractions, the social media beast, and your phone
- How to take back your writing/creative time
- How to set up a personalized schedule for success
- How to work with your personality to increase your productivity
- How to spend more time doing meaningful work instead of just being busy
Roni wrote her first romance novel at age fifteen when she discovered writing about boys was way easier than actually talking to them. Since then, her flirting skills haven’t improved, but she likes to think her storytelling ability has. She holds a master’s degree in social work and spent years as a mental health counselor, but now she writes full time from her cozy office in Dallas, Texas where she puts her characters on the therapy couch instead. She is a two-time RITA Award winner and a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author.
TWO-TIME RITA AWARD WINNER
- FIVE-TIME RITA AWARD NOMINEE
- AMAZON BEST BOOK OF 2018 WINNER
- A KIRKUS BEST ROMANCE NOVEL OF 2018 WINNER
- A PUBLISHERS WEEKLY BEST BOOK OF 2018 WINNER
- AWARDED PRESTIGIOUS STARRED REVIEWS FROM KIRKUS, PW, AND BOOKLIST
- FIFTEEN SUCCESSFUL ROMANCE NOVELS
StartBreaking News! - Streamlining Your Media Diet
StartSo I Read This Article... - Putting Research/Web-Surfing In Its Place
StartThe Multitasking Lie
StartYou've Got Mail - The Ultimate E-mail-Taming Plan
StartThe Invitation - Evaluating What's Worth Your Time
StartMy Top 2 Game-Changing Tactics for Decision-Making
StartMom/Dad/Friend Guilt - Setting Limits with Others
StartU there? - Chatting & The Writer's Watercooler
StartThe Self-Care Factor
StartTaming the SOCIAL MEDIA MONSTER
StartSocial Media Fasts/Detox/Breaks - Worth it?